It struck upon me to create a clock and have it personalized to match the wall and curtains in our bedroom. It wasn't a bad idea and the result came out to be a huge success.
My hubby bought the mechanism from a watch store which cost us Rs.125. I used some cardboard and matt finish wrapping paper from a craft store.
It took me a couple of minutes to assemble the clock and by the time we finished, we were all smiles. Mighty proud of ourselves I must say.
Things you require
1) Cardboard - 2 pieces (Can be from a shoe box, carton or even a cake base board as well)
2) Colored matt finish wrapping paper
3) Clock mechanism ( You get to buy these at local clock hardware stores including the needles as well)
4) Hook holder ( You get buy these at any hardware shop. These are used to adhere the clock on to the wall. A simple holder would do as the clock is light weight)
1) Mark the center of the cardboard and create a hole. Mark the 12, 3, 6 and 9 positions on the board as well.
2) Wrap the cardboard with the matt finish wrapping paper. Cut out portions of the cardboard and paste on the positions respectively.
3) Now paint the cut out with the bright color in contrast to the color of the wrapping paper.
4) Once it has dried, paste the second cardboard behind the first cardboard. This is done for the cardboard to stay strong and not be pliable.
5) Fix the mechanism on to the cardboard. Adhere the hook on the back of the cardboard and install it on your wall. Your personalized clock is now ready.